ABOUT DAY 2 / 8 COVID 19 TEST
- This is a requirement by the UK Government if you are arriving in the UK from overseas.
- It is a mandatory requirement for everyone arriving into the UK (unless you are specifically exempt) to take a Covid-19 PCR test on or before Day 2 of your self isolation period, and then another test on or after Day 8.
- All arrivals must also quarantine for 10 days, either in an approved hotel (if returning from a red list country) or an alternative approved location (if returning from any other country).
- If your Day 2 test is positive, it will undergo further testing to identify variants of Covid-19. This is important to prevent new variants coming into the UK.
BUY THE FULL PACKAGE AT A DISCOUNT
PCR TEST BEFORE TRAVEL
AND DAY 2 AND DAY 8 TEST
- Order your Day 2 and Day 8 Test for you and your travelling party before you arrive in the UK.
- Once you have ordered, you will receive Unique Reference Number for the Day 2 and Day 8 test by email. you must enter on your passenger locator form before you arrive in the UK.
- Register your Day 2 and Day Test using our registration form.
- If you are returning to the UK from a country which is not on the UK Government’s red list, you are eligible to shorten your 10-day self-isolation period with our Test to Release on Day 5. You must still do the Day 8 test.
- Your orders include Special Delivery, so you can track the delivery of your kit. To order your Covid-19 Day 2 and Day 8 tests, please click the Buy Now button above. Your selected option will include both a Day 2 and Day 8 test.
- All international arrivals are required to self-isolate.
- You should go straight to your self-isolation address. If you are returning from a country which is on the red list, you must quarantine in a Government approved hotel. If you are returning from a country which is not on the red list, you must quarantine either in your own home, with friends and family, or in a hotel. Please read more about how and where to self-isolate on the Government’s website
Your tests are sent separately in accordance with Government guidelines.
DAY 2 TESTKIT
The Day 2 test kit is dispatched to you by post on the day before you arrive in the UK. It should arrive on Day 0, the day you arrive in the UK. You must take this test anytime between when you arrive in the UK and Day 2 of your quarantine.
DAY 8 TEST KIT
We will dispatch your second test to you on the seventh day of your self-isolation. Your Day 8 test kit should arrive on Day 8. If Day 8 falls on a Sunday, your kit will be dispatched on the Saturday for receipt by you on the Monday. Please note that, by law, we cannot send your tests to you earlier than this. You should, however, order your tests as early as possible, prior to your arrival in the UK.
- Please read the instructions included in your test kit carefully.
- You should then collect your sample using the swab and testkit provided
- Once you complete the test, send it to us on the same day using the return envelope.
The Royal Mail is experiencing severe pressure during the pandemic so you may wish to consider returning your sample using a courier of your choice or using the 24 hour tracked option from Royal Mail.
We will send you an email as soon as your results are processed. You will also be able to download a document showing proof of your results.
- In accordance with the UK Government’s guidelines, even if you test negative for Covid-19 on Day 2 or Day 8, you must continue to self-isolate for the full 10 days.
- You can only shorten your self-isolation period if you test negative with our Test to Release kit. This is a separate test which you can order from our website.
You must self-isolate for 10 days from the day after your test date, even if you do not have symptoms of Covid-19. People who you live with or are travelling with should also self-isolate for 10 days.
Our Standard Service for a Day 2 and Day 8 Test is available for £200
- As Day 2 and Day 8 testing is a legal requirement, you are required to show your Unique Reference Number Confirmation Number to your airline.
- Cancellations will only be accepted 48 hours before your time of departure to the United Kingdom. We are unable to process any cancellation after this time due to UK Government requirements.
BOOK A TEST OR CONSULTATION
Your booking reference , for passenger locator form, will be sent to you after you’ve purchased your test kits AND registered your travellers information (at checkout/using the link sent to your email, please check your junk/spam folders)